Pomoc pri zmene mena - Janosko do Nyemcsika na Janosko

Máte základné údaje o hľadanom predkovi, neviete však ako ďalej? Opýtajte sa:)
Pravidlá fóra
Pravidlá fóra "Hľadám predka"
Skôr, než položíte otázku v tomto fóre, odporúčame Vám prečítať si tieto pravidlá a snažiť sa ich dodržiavať vo vlastnom záujme, aby Vám skúsenejší kolegovia mohli čo najskôr a čo najpresnejšie odpovedať:
1) Do predmetu témy napíšte konkrétne priezvisko, po ktorom pátrate, prípadne aj oblasť. Ak napíšete "Hľadám predkov", bude názov témy zmenený, pretože predkov tu hľadajú všetci, navyše ide o duplicitu s názvom subfóra.
2) Snažte sa uviesť všetky fakty, ktoré k danému predkovi viete, či už je to narodenie, úmrtie, sobáš, vierovyznanie, lokality, v ktorých žil, alebo čokoľvek iné. Akýkoľvek fakt je lepší, ako nič a môže viesť k rýchlejšej identifikácii.
3) Ak ide o osobu, ktorá už nežije, pridajte link na dokument, týkajúci sa osoby, alebo priložte sken dokumentu, aby sa predišlo omylom pri Vašom čítaní záznamu. Nebuďte ješitní, že Vám sa to stať nemôže. Stáva sa to každému, najmä v začiatkoch. Od toho sme tu, aby sme Vám pomohli, nikoho vopred nezatracujeme.
4) Uvedomte si, prosím, že pátranie po predkoch narodených po roku 1906, je výlučne vo Vašej kompetencii, pretože matriky po roku 1906 sú tzv. "živé matriky", ktoré sú stále uložené na matričnom úrade a údaje z nich sa poskytujú len priamym príbuzným. Preto musíte kontaktovať príslušnú matriku, kde budete musieť preukázať priamy príbuzenský vzťah a za poskytnutie každého záznamu môžu od Vás žiadať správny poplatok 5 Eur. Viac o tom, kde hľadať slovenské matriky: https://www.geni.sk/kde-hladat-slovenske-matriky/

Ďakujeme za pochopenie a želáme veľa úspechov v pátraní po predkoch.
GZIPAY
Dátum registrácie: 05 Jún 2017, 20:42
Predkovia z oblasti: Visny Zipov, Zehra, Harmanovce nad Toplou

Will use Google Translate and also will reply in English

Ďakujeme za vašu pomoc a pripomienky. Toto prepojenie z Predkov je vlastne od mojej sestry, ale v skutočnosti mala v tom čase iba čiastočné záznamy. Nemôžem s istotou povedať o májovej reči, ale moja stará mama, ktorá bola Andreasovou dcérou, mala svoj krstný záznam. V skutočnosti to bol výpis, o ktorý požiadal v roku 1907 z nejakého dôvodu. Tu je jeho preklad z latinčiny.

Výpis z krstej knihy Zsigra, kostol svätého
Ducha, v diecéze Szepes a kraj Szepes, pre
rok 1872.
Číslo 61. Narodený 19. októbra, pokrstený 20. októbra 1872
Dieťa: Andreas, muž, legitímny
Rodičia: Joannes Janoskó, Susanna Hvizdos, Rom. Kat., Poľnohospodári
Rezidencia: Dubrava číslo 5
Godparents: Georgius Michalov, Elisabeta Hvizdos
Úradník: Joannes Duchon, pastor
Zosigra, 10. októbra 1907.
Josephus Laczkó? diakon, pastor

To zodpovedá skutočnému záznamu od Zehra, ktorý mám v Centre pre rodinné histórie. Mená a dátumy sa zhodujú, takže som si celkom istý, že toto je skutočný rekord pre môjho starého otca. Tento film tiež ukazuje zmenu mena otca z roku 1849 do roku 1859. Najpravdepodobnejšou myšlienkou je, že sa to uskutočnilo na Dubave 57.

Thank you for your assistance and comments. That link from Ancestry is actually from my sister but she really only had partial records at the time. I can't say with certainty of the May reference but my grandmother who was Andreas's daughter had his baptismal record. Well actually an extract he requested in 1907 for some reason. Here is a translation of it from Latin.

Extract from the baptismal register of Zsigra, the church of the Holy
Spirit, in the diocese of Szepes and the county of Szepes, for the
year 1872.
Number 61. Born Oct. 19, baptised Oct. 20, 1872
Child: Andreas, male, legitimate
Parents: Joannes Janoskó, Susanna Hvizdos, Rom. Cath., farmers
Residence: Dubrava number 5
Godparents: Georgius Michalov, Elisabetha Hvizdos
Officiant: Joannes Duchon, pastor
Dated in Zsigra, Oct. 10, 1907.
Josephus Laczkó ? deacon, pastor

This matches the actual record from Zehra which I have at Family History Center. Names and dates match so I am fairly certain that this is the actual record for my great grandfather. That film also shows the name change from 1849 to 1859 of his father. The most plausible idea is that was done at Dubrava 57
Imrich
Veterán
Veterán
Dátum registrácie: 17 Okt 2012, 23:16
Kontaktovať používateľa:

Concerning the Janosko/Nyemcsik name change you must go further into the history to discover the reason for that, as Patrik recommended you. Without having access to online images of Žehra, one can only speculate. This is one very tentative attempt:
See the first 3 results of:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/rec ... id=1554443

Joannes Janosko*1828 is your good candidate, as you mentioned above. It seems that Maria Dolny is the same mother for all 3 children, which probably means that she remarried Joannes Nyemcsik before 1838. As a result, Joannes Janosko *1828 was written into registers once with his original name and once with the name of his stepfather. In fact, this is a very common and natural confusion and a reason for aliases.
GZIPAY

Thank you for this possible lead.

I may go and view the film tomorrow so will check to see what happened between 1831 and 1838 with Maria Dolni/Donly

I do believe she is involved since the godparents for Joannes Janozko has a Hvizdos. Seems that the Janosko's and Hvizdos were pretty close. Joannes and his probable brother Joseph married Susanna and Maria Hvizdos.
GZIPAY

I went and looked at the film today but unfortunately due to my daughter getting married tomorrow, I need to review what I found to see if anything make sense. However I didn't find any marriage records of Marie Dolny with a Janosko and a Nyemcsik. Since a Hvizdos appears as a grandparent as Janosko and Nyemcisk (in 1838), I suspect her husband was the same

The 1866 record for the birth of another Joannes does show him born to Joannes Nymemcsik alias Janosko. I found alias actually written in another place but need to review my pictures. So now it appears that the real name is Nyemcsik and Janosko was the alias. Well assuming that the when it says "Nyemcsik alias Janosko" means Janosko is the alias. I could have that backwards

I assume Janosko means something to do with Jano but is Nyemcsik/Nemcik similar to Nemec which I think means German or Mute?
Používateľov profilový obrázok
harmi1930
Veľmi aktívny člen
Veľmi aktívny člen
Dátum registrácie: 09 Jún 2017, 15:56
Predkovia z oblasti: Podlužany/Tekovská Nová Ves (Nová Dedina), Pezinok/Častá/Ch.Grob, Smolník (pri Snine)

Yes, Janosko looks as derived from Jano. Formal official Slovak version of the name is Ján, in Latin Joannes and in Hungarian János. Jano is informal Slovak version of Ján with the nuance moving from neutral to unkind. "Family" or "friendly" or generally kind version of Ján is Janko. And it seems to me that this slovak suffix -ko attached to hungarian version János was used to created Jánosko. I do not speak Hungarian, but I found too few instances of Janosko name at .hu websites, therefore I think this is Slovak specific combination of János+ko.

Nyemcsik/Nemcik seems to me as a derivation from German more than Mute (Nemý, so derivations could be Nemák or Nemík probably). Formal version of someone with German origin would be Nemec, which is wide-spreded surname in Slovakia. Nemčík can be translated as family/friendly version of Nemec or also can be understood as a small Nemec.

In 1995 various versions of both your surnames were found across Slovakia as follows, it does not look as rare and narrowly local specific. However, Nemčík seems to be concentrated in eastern Slovakia.
http://slovniky.korpus.sk/?w=nem%C4%8Di ... 8&oe=utf-8#
http://slovniky.korpus.sk/?w=nem%C4%8D% ... 8&oe=utf-8#
http://slovniky.korpus.sk/?w=janosko&s= ... 8&oe=utf-8#
http://slovniky.korpus.sk/?w=j%C3%A1no% ... 8&oe=utf-8#

And congratulation on this joyous occasion!

ph
GZIPAY

Thank you for the information and well wishes. Wedding was great

I did go review all the photos I have taken of births, deaths, marriages of Janosko and Nyemcsik from the film and updated a spreadsheet to help make sense of all this. Included parents, godparents, house number if known, etc... Seems that Nyemcsik was used more often from 1828 up to about 1860. Then Janosko was used more. This pattern is for the baptisms and deaths.

Hopefully I can make sense of this since I think my father and I will be making a trip to Slovakia next summer.
Napísať odpoveď